Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Home Again, Home Again

The contractions weren't letting up yesterday, and they were starting to be more painful, so I had yet another trip into labor and delivery. My cervix has started to dilate a little bit more, and I'm 75% effaced. The baby is at -1 station, which for those of you not familiar with that terminology, it means she's really low. The contractions actually picked up once I got there and they were 3-6 minutes apart for a couple hours. The Terbutaline shot they had given me on top of the Procardia wasn't working, but for some reason, the oral terb seemed to do the trick. I was kept overnight and since things were still calm in the morning, we got to go home:)

So much for the negative fetal fibronectin test! This is what you call labor...contractions that cause cervical changes. My doc said those tests are "crap". If he believed that test, Josie probably would have arrived by now:)

So the plan is to keep me on the oral Terb for a couple days and try the Procardia again. Terb will raise my blood sugar so I can't be on it for too long. Just 2 more weeks would be great. Although one nurse in the hospital told me her daughter was born at 34 weeks and came home with her after 2 days, I know this is not the most likely scenario. And even though I cannot wait for this to be over with, the longer the better. And we are only at 33 weeks today.

By the way, I love little Josie with all my heart, and she is so worth all of this! But there will NOT be a next time, just in case you were wondering!

No comments: