Thursday, May 17, 2007

The Waiting Game

Can I just say that having a baby at zero station is NOT comfortable! Just when I'm not so nervous to get up and do a couple of things, I don't want to because it just plain hurts. I would also like to add that people who refer to the feeling as "pressure" just have it all wrong...it's pain!

I called my doctor's office yesterday because of the increase in this "pressure" and because I had been having 6-8 contractions per hour for most of the day. HE TOLD ME TO STAY HOME, drink plenty of fluids, and rest! I laughed when the nurse told me this and said that was the first time I had been told to not come in when I called about contractions and pressure since I had been pregnant! I was glad I got to stay home, yet nervous that something was going on and I wouldn't find out in time! But something hit me after that phone call...they are not worried about the baby coming anymore! If she's coming, she's coming! What a realization.

So I get to wait now like any normal pregnant woman for regular, more frequent contractions to come. Although I will be taking the Procardia for a few more days to prevent labor, you never know:) It seems to be effective at times, and then other times not so much. I feel like I have been in labor for the past 3 months...the meds have just slowed it down. I'm excited but a little nervous to stop taking them, because I know what's going to happen!

No comments: