Monday, May 14, 2007

1...35 Week Appointment

So the countdown to 35 weeks is over! We made it! No more IV meds to stop labor, no more hospital stays!

Today I had an ultrasound and a check up. Josie is measuring 5 pounds 8 ounces, right around the 40th percentile so that's right about where she should be! She is very low (zero station) and I have dilated to what my doc calls 2 cm and what my nurses would call 3 or 4cm. With all my time in the hospital, I learned that my doctor usually measures centimeters at about 2 less than most of the nurses in labor and delivery...for reasons that no one clearly understands:) He thinks I'm going to go quick once I do go because the baby is so low.

I am suppose to remain on the Procardia and try Terbutaline if that isn't working for the next week. After that, no more meds. I'm also suppose to stay off of my feet for one more week...that's going to be hard to do! My instructions are to head to the hospital if I feel anything different or more painful. Trouble is I didn't have painful labors with the boys until my water broke, then after that it went really quick. I hope I know when it's time to go in...preferably before my water breaks!!

Two months ago I would never have thought we would have made it to 35 weeks! I went from assuming that our baby would have to spend considerable time in the NICU, to actually having hope that she would be able to come home with us right away. During that time my fear, anxiety, depression, and despair slowly turned to hope, peace, relief, and now to complete happiness. I am so entirely grateful not only that my long ordeal is coming to an end, but that I was able to play such an important role in a miracle.

No comments: