So I went into the bathroom this morning and here's what I found! When I said, "Josie, why did you do that?" She gave me a one word reply..."booga". Well, that answers that!
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Here's what we've been up to...
- Kaden continues to do well in Tae Kwon Do! He just got his "high yellow" belt (yellow with a white stripe) at the end of January...and he's still loving it. Go Kaden!
- I brought Kaden to a Valentine's Day dance at his school. Wow, was that a busy place to be, but he had a lot of fun dancing with his friends.
- I am still doing child care at home and it's going very well. The kids are definitely growing closer to each other, and to me as well. They get so excited to see each other, and I love the little "I love you Julie"s that I hear on occasion. They really are all sweethearts. Oh, and the parents are wonderful to work with, too. Really, it couldn't be going better!
- I've been watching a lot of Joyce Meyer lately...I find her very inspirational!
- Josie is adding new words on to her vocabulary every day. She's now 21 months and growing up so fast. Her hair is getting long, too and every day she looks more like a little girl than a baby. Although I asked her yesterday if she was a big girl or if she was still my baby. She pointed to herself and said, "baby Josie". Good answer:)
- Jordan is doing his 30 hour famine at church this weekend. Yes, they go 30 full hours without any food! The kids don't have to do this, but it is an option and can fill a requirement for confirmation. They have an overnight lock in with lots of fun activities planned...and all the juice they want. Then, of course, they have a feast planned to break the fast after the time is up. It makes me nervous, but I know they take precautions and have food there if needed...I'm thinking of doing it with him from home.
Well, that's about all I can come up with for now...I'll try to be a little more consistent with updates!
Posted by Julie at 1:06 PM
So somehow, it happened! My first baby turned 13 on the 20th! Does that make me feel old? You bet it does, but most of all I feel very proud. Jordan is a very good kid. He has not given me a reason to fear the teenage years at all. He has straight A's in school (he's in 7th grade), he is a very considerate friend, he's happy and outgoing, he's respectful, kind, and responsible. I am very lucky to be able to say that he has made being his mother very easy! I have enjoyed every day with him and I look forward to many more. I love you, Jordan!
Posted by Julie at 12:51 PM
We had a Valentine's Day party on Friday (the 13th) with all the day care kids, and Jordan and Kaden (they had the day off of school) We made pink heart pancakes for breakfast, danced, exchanged Valentines, and ate some candy and junk food. Here are a couple of pictures...can you say "excited!"
And this was a special message for me from Kaden...my sweet boy:)
Posted by Julie at 12:34 PM