Sunday, March 11, 2007

Sisters...

What is a sister?

she grew up with you...she shares more of your memories than anyone else in the world

she just "gets" you, and she knows what that means

she's someone who hugs your children...and they feel familiar

she has unspoken permission to boss your husband around...not to mention your kids

she knows her way around your kitchen, and when she can't find something, she isn't afraid to dig for it

she cleans just like you do, without any silly questions like "where's your mop?" or "what else needs to be done?"

she folds laundry just like you do

she knows when something's wrong by the way you answer the phone

she's always on your side

she's makes you feel better just by being there

And I'm lucky enough to have two of them!

My sister, Sonia, just left our house this morning:( She was here since Thursday at noon, so we got to have a nice long visit! She did so many things for us around here that it is unbelievable! Laundry, cooking, shopping, dishes, cleaning, and I could go on...all while looking after her two little ones. She even made us rice krispie treats and packed my "just in case" hospital bag. Of course, we got in a game of Scrabble while munching on our favorite snack, Cheetos. (She beat me.)

Charlotte joined in Mason's fascination with our pet gerbils and they snuck downstairs with Uncle Brett every chance they got to play with them. I got lots of hugs and kisses from the kids and I can't believe how much they've grown since the last time I saw them:) It was a great weekend and I can't wait to see them again!

Thanks so much, Sonia...you don't even realize how nice it was for me to have you here!

1 comment:

Sonia said...

Awww...you're so sweet! I had a wonderful weekend, and so did the kids! I really enjoyed being there, just spending time with you, and it felt SO good to finally be able to help you out!

I can't wait to come again!! :)