Saturday, March 24, 2007

Same old same old...

Things up here at the hospital have been pretty stable for the last couple of days. The mag is still at 2 grams and the contractions have been few and far between. I'm enjoying a visit from Sarah who came to town last night with her family. She spent the night with me, we played some Scrabble at ate way to many Cheetos and cookies (thanks Jeff) and now we're just chillin'.

The other day, when I explained to Jordan that it may be a while before I can go home, he said, "that really sucks, Mom. Why can't we bring all of this stuff home with you, the bed, the IV, the monitors..." I said that would be great but we would have to bring a nurse, too. He said, "that's ok, she can be our butler!"

Also, I had explained to Kaden that if I need anything at all, a popsicle, some juice, or whatever, all I have to do is push my red nurse button. He thought that was pretty cool...and after cuddling up by me on my bed for a while he looked at me and asked, "Mom, do you need anything? Because I can push the button for you."

I miss the boys very much but am greatful for the several visits I have with them each week. And they understand that their little sister just needs to stay where she is for a little bit and that this won't last forever. It will all be so worth it.

1 comment:

Sonia said...

Yes, it will be worth it! You seem to be doing so well with everything, although I know it's got to be hard! Glad you're appreciating the good and counting your blessings, what else can you do? :) Love you, Julie!