Monday, March 26, 2007

Monday morning update...

This morning my doc stopped in and lowered my mag dose to 1.5 grams since my uterus was behaving so well at 2 grams. So tonight the real test will come. If I make it through the night, I will be a little bit more optomistic that we will be able to keep the dose lower for a while. However, my experience from last week makes me a little nervous...we'll just have to see how it goes.

My doc also ordered an ultrasound for tomorrow to check on the growth of the baby, and I'll also have my 3 hour glucose test in the morning. I was borderline on the 1 hour so we have to make sure I don't have gestational diabetes. I suspect it will come back fine since it is very common to fail the first test and pass the second with flying colors.

I also got my progesterone shot today...you know that one that is suppose to prevent preterm labor?? Guess they figure we'll take all the help we can get:)

At one point over the weekend, the baby wasn't wiggly at all for about a 12 hour period. They put the monitor on early after I expressed my concern. She was doing fine, and moving quite a bit actually...but with the placenta being in the front of my uterus, it's hard to feel all of her movements. The meds do make her a little sleepy also, but this morning she is hopping all over the place...YEAH!

What are my goals for the day?
  • to balance our checkbook and make sure our bills are paid
  • possibly start crocheting a blanket for my baby
  • to shave my legs...no matter what it takes!
That's it for now...we will just be praying for a quiet night. I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

Sonia said...

Good luck on your goals for today ... especially shaving your legs! Between that, wearing your own clothes, and no cathedar I'm sure you're feeling much more HUMAN!

Curious to see how your u/s goes today...how fun to get another peek at Josie, enjoy it!

I'll be praying tonight is calm and uneventful :)