Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Things I Will Never Take For Granted Again...

walking outside to get the mail

taking my time in the shower

driving anywhere

getting up to hunt for the remote myself

grocery shopping

doing laundry or even cleaning

making dinner for my family

playing a game at the table with the kids

eating as many cheetos as I want

going for a walk in the sunshine

getting up when my son says, "Mom, come look!"

being there for school events

going to the doctor with my boys instead of finding someone to take them

walking to the park with my family

going on vacation

wearing make up

getting a haircut

not getting up in the middle of the night to take medication

going to a movie or out to dinner

standing by the window watching the kids playing outside

dancing

cutting the grass

going to church

chocolate and cake and pie and ice cream

sisters and girlfriends who get it

holding a healthy baby

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish that for just one day I could switch places with you. Just to give you one day of "regular" life. But I know it will all be worth it when you do hold that healthy little girl in your arms! I can't wait to see you in two weeks - still seems too far away though :)

Julie said...

You mean you'd only do ONE day for me?!! Ha ha...just kidding. I am grateful that when I do get back to "regular" life, I will truly appreciate all of those things...and it doesn't seem like an eternity away anymore:) Thanks so much to you! Can't wait to see you again either!