Wednesday, February 21, 2007

3 Days Down!

So today ends my third day of bedrest! I'm still waiting to settle into this routine...it is quite the adjustment. You would think that since I have been through this before (7 weeks with Kaden) that it would be easier. Especially since I have spent much of this pregnancy resting already. I guess I just had the hope that it would get better at some point and the contractions would just stop and I would be allowed to go about life as usual. Instead I have been sentenced to a minimum of 9 weeks of bedrest.

One of the hardest parts is that I cannot be the mother I want to be to the kids right now. I have to sit back and watch as they do all the things I want to be helping them with. I can't go to Kaden's performance at school, and I can't pick up Jordan from basketball. The medication I'm on to control the contractions gives me a headache, and my butt is sore from the weekly progesterone shots I get also to prevent contractions. I have been wanting to go on a mini vacation with Brett before the baby was born, but it looks like that is out of the question. I can no longer go to work or even church. It's very difficult to feel so out of control! I could go on and on...but I would rather try to focus on the positives, so here goes...

  • The shot and the medication that gives me a headache is working to control the contractions. I haven't made a trip to labor and delivery in 10 whole days now! And my cervix hasn't even started to change yet.
  • I have a wonderful husband who can pick up Jordan from basketball, videotape Kaden's performance, and take all 4 kids to church!
  • The kids are old enough to understand what is going on, and capable enough to do lots of things without any help!
  • After the baby is born, I know people who know how to care for a baby so we can take that mini vacation!
  • I might get better at letting go and letting God through all of this!
  • I'm pretty sure the world isn't going to fall down around me while I am laying on my couch.
  • Dust doesn't hurt anything, neither do hairy legs!
  • I have a very supportive friends and family.
  • I don't have to go to work.
  • I don't have to cook.
  • I don't have to clean.
  • I'm going to have a daughter! Something I had given up on.

So what was my problem again?? Please pray for me to find the patience and the strength to continue to find the positives in life as the weeks progress!

1 comment:

Sonia said...

Great job focusing on the positives! I'll continue to pray for you...that you find patience, perserverance, and strength...and I know you will! Hang in there, sis!