Monday, February 19, 2007

23 Weeks!

Hi Everyone...so I finally broke down and decided to create a blog in order to share with everyone what is going on in our household.

As you know baby number 3 (or 5 depending on how you look at it:) is on the way. I've had some complications, mostly lots of contractions. I had been on "restricted activity" and meds to control them. I was still allowed to go into work for a few hours a week. After a week with 3 trips to Labor and Delivery, and a visit to a high risk OB,
I think we have found a regimen of medication that seems to control the contractions, at least it has done pretty well for the past week. I have only gotten them when up to much, or when my next dose is almost due. So I was hoping I might be able to be a little bit more acitve, but at my appointment today, my doc had something else in mind. Apparently he thinks that the restricted activity is working so well, that he put me on good old regular bed rest...no more working or going out for anything:( He said I'm in a very crucial stage of the pregnancy and he doesn't want to take any chances so it's sofa city for me until at least 32 weeks...(at least 9 to go)...then he will reevaluate.

The good news is that the baby is doing excellent and the contractions have been under control for the last week! Yeah! We have a long road ahead, and I know we will get through with the help of God...one hour at a time.

Keep checking back...and send all the emails you want...please! I have all kinds of time on my hands! And, as always, come and visit anytime you want!

Baby Girl 20 weeks!


No comments: