Wednesday, February 25, 2009

catching up

Here's what we've been up to...

  • Kaden continues to do well in Tae Kwon Do! He just got his "high yellow" belt (yellow with a white stripe) at the end of January...and he's still loving it. Go Kaden!
  • I brought Kaden to a Valentine's Day dance at his school. Wow, was that a busy place to be, but he had a lot of fun dancing with his friends.
  • I am still doing child care at home and it's going very well. The kids are definitely growing closer to each other, and to me as well. They get so excited to see each other, and I love the little "I love you Julie"s that I hear on occasion. They really are all sweethearts. Oh, and the parents are wonderful to work with, too. Really, it couldn't be going better!
  • I've been watching a lot of Joyce Meyer lately...I find her very inspirational!
  • Josie is adding new words on to her vocabulary every day. She's now 21 months and growing up so fast. Her hair is getting long, too and every day she looks more like a little girl than a baby. Although I asked her yesterday if she was a big girl or if she was still my baby. She pointed to herself and said, "baby Josie". Good answer:)
  • Jordan is doing his 30 hour famine at church this weekend. Yes, they go 30 full hours without any food! The kids don't have to do this, but it is an option and can fill a requirement for confirmation. They have an overnight lock in with lots of fun activities planned...and all the juice they want. Then, of course, they have a feast planned to break the fast after the time is up. It makes me nervous, but I know they take precautions and have food there if needed...I'm thinking of doing it with him from home.

Well, that's about all I can come up with for now...I'll try to be a little more consistent with updates!

No comments: