Friday, March 2, 2007

24 Weeks!

On Tuesday I passed up my first goal of 24 weeks! My doctor's appointment on Monday went well...I got my usual progesterone shot, got weighed, had blood pressure checked, and all that stuff. I asked the doc if I could spend some time sitting up since the contractions have been under control for the most part, and he said nope. Until 32 weeks we have to be very careful. So that's a bummer but what can you do. I'm just thrilled to be past the 24 week mark, from here on out I feel like I at least have my head above water!

This week has gone by much faster than last week, so that's good. I think I'm settling into my routine with the bed rest and am accepting the fact that my days consist of watching TV, reading, playing on the internet, talking on the phone, and if I'm lucky getting a shower and putting on clean clothes. Oh yeah, I've also done a little baby shopping online:) The boys are getting use to the routine, too. Kaden crawls right up by me on the couch for snuggles before bed, and Jordan sits in bed by me and lets me borrow his gameboy...isn't that sweet!

Jordan felt the baby move for the first time the other night. He has been a little leary of touching my tummy (it is very weird afterall), but this time I just said "give me your hand" and put it where she was moving, and he felt a kick right away. His face lit up and a surprised "HA" came out of his mouth. As much as he has been trying to keep his excitement a secret, he couldn't contain it at that moment. I asked, "do you want to feel it again?" He replied with a simple, "no". I guess that was enough excitement for him for one day.

No comments: